There are 3 Steps to Baptizing a child at Mount Carmel:
1) Stop by the Parish Office: Register and present the birth certificate of the child
2) Baptism Class for Parents and Godparents (7pm in Spanish and 7:15pm in English):
The meeting usually takes place the Monday before the 2nd Sunday of the month (in Spanish)
or the Monday before the 3rd Sunday of the month (in English) in the Parish Office.
3) The Baptism Ceremony takes place at 2:30 pm in the Church:
2nd Sunday of the Month in Spanish;
3rd Sunday of every other month in English.
1) If married: must be married in the Catholic Church with a copy of Marriage Certificate.
2) Cohabitation: Godparent candidates may not be living together if they are not married in the Catholic Church. If they are cohabitating, even if they are married civilly, the only way they can serve as Godparents is if they have begun the preparations for marriage in the Catholic Church, they have set the date for the wedding, and the Pastor of that church signs a letter authenticating this fact.
What is the offering for the Baptism? It is a free will donation.